Via de Tornabuoni - Firenze (IT)
David Chipperfield Architects
350 Sq. m
YEAR & AREA OF COMPETENCE:
2016 | CIVIL ENGINEERING - RETAIL
AIM OF THE PROJECT:
New shop at ground and first floor of an historical building dated 1733 and located next to the historical Church of Santa Trinità.
Executive Design and works management of all the structural works. Analysis and check of the intervention’s impact on the neighbouring Church of Santa Trinità. Assistance and support to the client all the way trough (from the bid to the achievement of all the permits).
Most notable structural works include:
• strengthening of all the wooden floor;
• strengthening of the main vertical structures;
• substitution of the existing strengthening structure with a new metal portal;
• realization of a new steel staircase in order to substitute the existing one in r.c.(part of a renewal work of the 70’s);
• a new elevator steel shaft in order to connect the ground and first floor.